Press, publications, and patents
In the News
- Leaders in Additive Manufacturing and Advanced Inspection Build a New Path Forward to Improve Quality in 3D Printed Parts
- The Barnes Group Advisors Hires Alison Wyrick Mendoza
- Global AM Expert John Barnes Joins Titomic Board
- The Barnes Group Advisors Becomes the Newest Member of America Makes
Presentations and Publications
- 30+ Invited presentations on 3D printing, Innovation or Titanium/ powder
- The Time is Now to Invest in Your AM Strategy
- Solutions to Pick, Place, and Empower People in Additive Manufacturing
- Attracting the Top People in AM Requires a Top Answer to Why You’re in It
Invited article on “3D Printing: The Next Five Years” published by 3DPrintingindustry.com
- Lockheed Martin’s Orion Capsule utilizes 3D Printing for NASA
Quoted in Deloitte Press publication “3D Opportunities for Business Capabilities”
- Collaborated with A.T. Kearney on World Economic Forum in Additive Manufacturing
- “3D Printers at Work” by GE Australia
Wrote “Metal Powder Production” for Wohlers Report
"Manufacturing a human heel in titanium via 3D printing", Medical Journal of Australia
- Manufacturing in Australia - Part 1: A Short History of Manufacturing
- New Dimension to 3D printing for small business
- Is Additive Technology Rewriting the Future of Industry?
- Timothy Simpson Paul Morrow Professorship at Penn State
- Disrupting Manufacturing One Layer At A Time, Tim Simpson - TEDxPSU
U.S. Patent Application WO2015184495. - "Managing Distortion in Additive Manufacturing", S. Lathabai, V. Nguyen, A. Helvey, G. Coleman and J. Barnes, CSIRO 2015.
Patent Application Australia AU2015/050168- "Process for Producing a Preform Using Cold Spray", P. King, S. Gulizia, A. Urban, J. Barnes, CSIRO, 201
U.S. Patent Application 11/586,292 - “System, Method, and Apparatus for Reinforcing Friction Stir Processed Joints”, J.E. Barnes & C.A. Brice, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2006.
U.S. Patent Application 11/426,937 – “A Friction Stir Weld Process Having Enhanced Corrosion Performance”, J.E. Barnes, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2006.
U.S. Patent Application – “Metallic Minihooks for Joining Metallics and Composites”, J.E. Barnes, R.W. Koon, R.J. Olliffe & S.P. Engelstad, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2006.
U.S. Patent Application 20080047222 – “A Friction Stir Welding Process to Join Two or More Members in Forming a Three-Dimensional Joint”, J.E. Barnes, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2006.
U.S. Patent Application – “Friction Stir Welding of Lap Welds Preliminarily Joined With Adhesive”, Z. Loftus & J.E. Barnes, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2005.
U.S. Patent 7,690,164 – “System, method, and apparatus for structural lug formed from a combination of metal and composite laminate materials”, J.T. Walker & J. E. Barnes, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2006.
U.S. Patent 7,624,910 – “Perforated Composites for Joining of Metallic and Composite Materials”, J.E. Barnes, R.W. Koon, R.J. Olliffe & S.P. Engelstad, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2006.
U.S. Patent 7,611,595 – “System, Method, and Apparatus for Metallic-Composite Joint with Compliant, Non-Corrosive Interface”, J.E. Barnes, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2006.
MATERIALS | PROCESS ECONOMICS | SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS | LEADERSHIP | STRATEGY | TRAINING